Sunday 13 July 2014

Sol.

Is that an army truck? Yep, it's an army truck. This, for some reason that is beyond me is the new addition to our back garden so I've taken the opportunity to use it as a background for my monochromatic outfit post. I'm liking the vintage look it has going. 

This outfit may be simple but I still love it - I think simplicity is kinda my style and this jacket I snatched up in Topshop a month ago is a perfect addition to my wardrobe. It is a little on the big side but an over sized fit paired with the frayed denim effect adds to the androgynous style. Although, an androgynous fit means I have to search for a top that counteracts that slightly, at times limiting choices to style it with. I wouldn't say I have the frame or personality to pull off tomboy. 
But wait. With a jacket like this one - which I totally bought because it reminded me of the Chanel jacket has many images to inspire thanks to The Little Black Jacket exhibition that was created by Mr Lagerfeld himself and the former editor in chief of Vogue Paris, Carine Roitfeld. 
Here's my personal fave - Clemence Poesy and other images from the exhibition


Shoes - Zara

Top - Zara SALE

Sunglasses - Accessorize

Jeans - Topshop

Lipstick - Mac (All Fired Up)

Jacket - Topshop

And for the song of the post. 
It may not be all sun and fun outside right now but I have found one great summer song. I came across this band, Mausi at a Foxes gig in Brighton in March, and honestly I had never heard their songs before but I seriously enjoyed their music, they had great stage presence and their music is just so easy to get in to. 
I would recommend having a looksy at their YouTube channel for a little more of their stuff too - MausiVEVO
Enjoy! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment